Our mission: To protect the public by promoting excellence in chiropractic regulation through service to our member boards
Our vision: The FCLB is the premier international resource for information and consolidated services for ensuring the safe, ethical practice of chiropractic
- District Of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
STATE OF ARIZONA BOARD OF CHIROPRACTIC EXAMINERS
(Contact State for precise definition by state law)
A Doctor of Chiropractic is a portal of entry health care provider who engages in the practice of health care, which includes:
1. The practice of health care deals with the diagnosis and correction of subluxations, functional vertebral or articular dysarthrosis, or neuromuscular skeletal disorders for the restoration and maintenance of health.
2. The use of physical and clinical examinations, diagnostic X-rays, and clinical laboratory procedures that are limited to urine collection, finger pricks, or venipuncture in order to determine the propriety of a regimen of chiropractic care or to form a basis for referral of patients to other licensed health care professionals, or both.
3. Treatment by adjustment of the spine or bodily articulations, including physical medicine modalities and therapeutic procedures; procedures related to the correction of subluxations and neuromuscular skeletal disorders; prescription of orthopedic supports; acupuncture.
Board NotesNote: Please send all board member correspondence through the board office
Student Practice Info
No temporary certificate exists for graduated D.C.s to practice under the licensed doctor.
State or provincial laws and rules / Jurisprudence
Acupuncture: Required for acupuncture certification
Reciprocity/Endorsement: May use now
Disciplinary Cases: May use now
Impairment Review: May use now
An Arizona chiropractic license does not allow you to perform physical medicine modalities and therapeutic procedures (PMMTP) or acupuncture. These are considered specialties, and you must apply for certification in these areas.
Physiotherapy requires 120 hours of additional education, a passing score on NBCE exam, a $100 application fee + $100 certificate issuance fee.
Acupuncture requires 100 hours of additional education, a passing score on NBCE’s Acupuncture exam, $100 application fee + $100 certificate issuance fee..
License Portability Info
-Must have active license
- NBCE Parts I & II
- Fingerprinting and report
- No disciplinary history
- Active license 5 out of the last 7 years
- Arizona jurisprudence exam.
Board Permits And Authorizes Telemedicine Practices: Yes requires an out-of-state licensee to participate and register with the Telehealth Registry
Chiropractic Therapy Assistants Info
Continuing Education Info
Requires sexual boundaries training: No
Requires AIDS awareness/risk prevention training: No
Other specific CE training required: Record Keeping 2 hours every even calendar year
Regulatory Board Members